My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 8 seconds to our Wordpress. If not, visit
http://lifehasnoscript.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks!

Saturday, April 4, 2009

G.o.D Jewels - The Chicago Bully is coming...

ARTIST SHOWCASE G.o.D Jewels - The Chicago native speaks with Life Has No Script to give his views on the state of the music industry, inspiration behind his music, and what he plans to accomplish in 2009 with the release of his highly anticipated debut mixtape, "Glory or Death".
-What's the inspiration behind the music you create?
Chicago lifestyle and hunger. Just trying to present my city in the proper light, Because I feel that it hasn't. You always hear people refer to "New York Hip-Hop" or "Down South Hip-Hop"...Even "West Coast Hip-Hop". We have so many incredible artists, Yet we don't get mentioned when it comes to the great Hip-Hop regions. We get lost in the shuffle so to speak. So I'm just trying to give us an identity and make the best music I can possibly make in the process.
-How do you stay inspired with the state of the game the way it is currently?
It's depressing and discouraging to tell the truth. But guys like Drake and Cudi keep me optimistic. These are dudes who you can almost say are bonafied superstars with nothing but mixtapes to their name. No albums, And no deals to speak of until recently. I think it's a great thing. The game is evolving, And you have to evolve with it, Or become obsolete.
-Who were some of your biggest influences in not just hip-hop, but music?
Sade. I love her to death. I have her whole discography on my iPod. I grew up on her music...She's timeless. I like to think that I'm almost the rap equivalent to Sade. All of her shit is smooth and laid back. It's almost a fusion of RnB, New Age, Jazz...All of that. I hope to work with her one day. I'm a big Sufjan Stevens fan too...He makes some real epic shit. He made a whole concept album about Chicago and just Illinois in general...I'm using him for my follow-up mixtape. He's good in my book. But yea, There's too many musical influences for me to name right now...
-Your anticipated new mixtape is titled, "Glory or Death", do you believe that you'll achieve that "Glory" through music?
That's the plan. Everybody should feel that way. Either achieve your glory, Whatever that may be...Or die. Point blank. Living average or just settling shouldn't be an option. The thing about me is, I feel like I do my music with the "right" intentions. Yea, We wanna make money, We want fame...But I truly want to be the best at the craft. I think that's a rare trait nowadays...Money is not even the main motivator. I truly want to be that dude with this shit...And want people to know it.
-What type of direction are going in with this mixtape creatively?
It's just a showcase for my abilities. The material that's been leaked out thus far isn't even a fraction of what I'm capable of. I'm hoping to catch a lot people off guard with this project, And go from a slasher-type guard to an all-around guard in people's eyes. "Oh, He can shoot and pass...and play defense?!? This nigga is dope!!!" Yea, You didn't know I could do that did you? lol.
-As far as where you're standing in the game right now, do you think that the wait has been worth it?
Yea, it has. The experience I've gained has far outweighed how long I've had to wait to get to this point. I wouldn't change a thing. I'm lyrically sharper, My subject matter is more focused, And I'm much more strategic as far as marketing and the different business angles I need to utilize to become successful.
-Where do you envision your career later on in the future?
Jay-Z minus the destroyed friendship and business relationships. Musically at my peak well into my 30's, A loyal team consisting of my day-ones, And very business savvy. You learn from guys like Hov and Diddy and try to improve on their model so you don't repeat the same mistakes they did.
-If you got the chance to collab with any artists on ONE track, who would it be?
Like I said earlier, I would love to work with Sade. Shit, I'd like to do a whole album with her. That's like my holy grail of collabs...
-Do you think what you bring to the game is in it's own lane creatively and what the industry should hear?
The industry is so saturated that it's hard to stand out amongst the crowd. It's become less about the music and more about what you had to say on the latest World Star or YouTube video. I'm just trying to bring it back to quality music and not the frivolous bullshit...
-When you release your new mixtape, where can we go to get it?
Hopefully, You won't be able to visit a blog on the internet without seeing it. If I have it my way, Glory or Death will be everywhere and easily accessible. Myspace, Twitter...You name it. I'm thinking about offering the follow-up mixtape exclusively through Life Has No Script though...
-In your opinion, what's your best work that you've done up until now?
The sequel to Glory or Death, "Greatness Opens Doors". The key is me...
Don't make some one your priority when you're just one of their options. - E². YouTube Channel: youtube.com/GoDJewelsTV Twitter Profile: twitter.com/GoDJewels Big thanks to G.o.D Jewels for the interview and you can expect to hear more music from him in our future artist showcases. - Life Has No Script, write your own.

No comments: